Ticker

7/recent/ticker-posts

Experience Holofa: The Enchanting Poetry Series by Kwabena Churchill (MOMC) - February Edition

Kwabena Churchill (MOMC)

Discover the power of poetry in HOLOFA, a collection of poems by Kwabena Churchill (MOMC), a student and author from Ghana. In his poems, Kwabena Churchill explores the themes of love, family, and friendship with honesty, humor, and insight. Whether you are looking for romance, laughter, or inspiration, you will find a poem to enjoy in HOLOFA. Read a few of the inspiring poems below and see how they resonate with your own experiences and emotions.

Holofa: Always, Always Your Touch!

Always, Always Your Touch! (Feb 01)

I will genuflect mildly
brag in your noble fragrance,
and keep you near me. Your incense recognizes me,
Your winks buttress my knees.
You are my altruistic pal,
You've etched me in your eyes,
Kept me with you, Your gazes quench my pulsing thirst.
Tripled my hefty wishes, you ornamented my dish. What good wouldn't you do, Lord?
What pretty joy wouldn't you give, El Haggagols?
Flawless hugs and prissy Hangouts,
El Channun, You're the seconds I breathe
You're my lifetime, my every time -
El Elyon, I thrill my fingers up high
Filling your glistening smiles,
Your cuddling renews my vertebral. I will keep you in me, I will rest on your cutesy lap
till ages make me grey,
I'll live in your imperishable flesh,
Dear Lord, our affinity will not dry up.


Holofa: Mi Amor

Mi Amor (Feb 02)

You've always got my back,
The Inyanga who nurses my bruises,
The Awesome You who makes me okay,
The lover whose love is a sapphire.
You always applaud me, The sword that chops off bucks,
The fighter who fights on my behalf,
The lover whose love is an everyday covet.
You're my finest and empathetic hearer, The hearty jar I won't break.
The skyscraper, I'll embellish,
The lover I won't stop adoring.
You are my golden hope,
The movie I'll permanently grab tickets to watch,
A lot about me we'll converse inspiringly, The lover, I won't halt to impress and excite.
You are my ivory dream,
The friend I'll never halt befriending,
The lover of my own And that ceaseless lover is You-
Inarguably You, The fair-haired Me.


Holofa: Moma and Popa

Moma and Popa (Feb 03)

2 am ticks in her apron,
4 am marvels in his boots
The alarm jingles, offsprings redo their duvets, Moma and Popa will give us cheerful pep talks.
Flat files worked on, appetizing eggs fried,
children's snacks prepared- another daylight they assemble the hays.
They don't hinder after daybreak
as their strengths will lick hurdles
if they gag with time. Moma bath the house, Popa prospers the gardens, These two darlings amuse their devotion,
They are the best who avoid the worst!
I want to age like Moma, In Mary's veil, I'll uphold my juveniles.
I want to age like Popa, In Joseph's dagger, I'll shield my juveniles.
I want to be a homemaker with likeness and selflessness,
feeding mouths, dressing shapes,
and idolizing my full-mate in praise,
I want to complete my home like
my Moma and Popa.

Holofa: Pretty Companion


Pretty Companion (Feb 04)

It nightly smells like decades,
When we sat on drums to count the moons, Modeling from Freetown to Nairobi, Our life chats could wake up catnapping sloths.
Even when twilight bells were softening,
We watched the flight of herons across the sky.
From our feet to our knees, We ran like Olympic knights.
Clapped and folded our palms
We doubly lauded JACK-JACK!
A word that aromatized our heels.
Comrade, our sunny highway is bleak,
almost covered in pigweed.
Pal, Pal, Pal! I can't look ahead our horizons
while you are far beside me, I have missed our castle hangouts!
I've recalled how we surfed the world,
Spinning sideways, round the bluish carousel.
You journeyed when we were adorning sands,
And here I am, dining alone with butterflies who have misplaced their wings.
Fly back home or perhaps jot me down an epistle,
Whether you are in Antarctica or Seychelles,
I will get there before the cock crows.


Holofa: Bobby's Library


Bobby's Library (Feb 05)

whenever I dial mum's mobile,
She picks in a flash and
speaks warmth already-
Whenever I dial dad's mobile, He picks in his heroic current and challenges the lion in me- Both respond in a serene and containing figure- Even when the clouds are dim.
They understand the yarns of my voice,
My worries, my joy, my humor
my obstinacy, my requests,
They always poise my feet, They scold me and direct me change my flaws when I play like a dumbass. On every edge of my seat,
Every point of my plea,
Every dip of my stormy sights,
I don't get their deaf ears,
Their ears hear the stillness in me.
I cherish their caressing, I cherish their training, They coach my footsteps.

They will welcome my estates
When I become like Mount.
Everest, At that wink, we will toast.
I will give them wow responses
of all their necessities: I am on this foreign island to
grab the cash and expand their
old chairs into elation.
I'm their heart,
and they are my heart- I won't crack our fortress.
Their words fill my library,
Their sacrifices fill my library, And I love every shelf on it,
Every hold from them is therapy.


Holofa: Will You Also Be There?


Will You Also Be There? (Feb 06)

It's indeed worth it
When I stand the vigil As you breathe for felicity And feast on vitamin C meals.
I will pray for you and give you sound drugs to heal you,
I will always be here with you.
It's indeed worth it
When I lose my sleep for you,
As you battle with nightmares
and desire for ardency, I will cover you in melodious hymns
and keep you in the safest vault,
I will always be here with you.
It's indeed worth it When I safeguard your identity
As you move inside and I keep waiting in the mass-
I will shut down deteriorating lips
that may blacken your worth,
I will always be here with you.

It's indeed worth it
When I accept my shortcomings,
and I apologize to you, As the heart grows forlorn and distant
When wrongs are not regretted and
pardoned, I will not be bossy and unapologetic,
I will always be here with you.
It's indeed worth it when you honor me like the charming royal I treat you and does not repay me in Idi Amin's claws,
Because I won't do your harm, I can't harm you.
I will be hearty if you will be my arm
just as I am with you. I will always be here with you,
And will you also be here with me
If I am empty?


Holofa: Check Your Inbox


Check Your Inbox (Feb 06)

Xoxo, beep! Xoxo, beep!
There's cheer overflow in your inbox,
pop-ups of jim-dandy responses
that will revive your snoozy eyes.
I have doubled your cake and budget
My baby-boo I won't make you vacant.
My teddy cupcake, my adoring candy rhythms.
Won't you check at all? Won't you open the rose ribbon?
You've waited for this revelry,
The texture of notes, dyed graphics that beam in
'done-with-transaction-flutter- I have sent you the atm-cum-pin-code
And instantly, I added a sum, Multiply the $7000 by 10 and use them all-
Roll the party and give yourself 'hurray' After snoozy days, there is glee.
Tonight is a pleasurable booth, Tonight is us in the rosy glass,
Flutter my inbox thrice your needs,
Flutter my inbox twice our seeds-
Love to last we must live with trust
And remember to ring my ears
after you are done making
your chamber the heaven you wished.


Holofa: Letter To My Crush


Letter To My Crush (Feb 07)

In front of a fruity summer flow,
I sat on the brick-furnished bench
with my feathery ink brush clasped
between my left thumb and index finger
-so lovely jellyfishes dive in the dulcet chorus-
I write to you, not by default, but by candid confessions sealed in my amygdala.
Aawww!! It has been months n' days I've stared at your painted picture on my wall,
That magnetic amber iris sparkled satisfaction on my chest. I am electrified by your sassy dimples, Looking at you from the equator, I can't but fix up to meet you. I gasp whenever I bump unto your shadow, Your aligned shape of beauty persuades muscles.

Your appearance tickles my veins,
You've rebranded my senses with your aura,
You've electrified my intestines: I feel powered
You've burnt my boyish boldness and replaced it with
maned-up exuberance. I know you know I belong in your world,
I know you love me unquestionably,
I know you want me to take the steps
and become your rainbow, So
I'm here! at least draw near to me- I won't hide behind my fervent emotions anymore
From our Little Humpty Dumpty swinging
You've been my pivot, Your comfy laughter, the sound of David's harp,
I smell you with each click of the second's arm.
This euphoria remains today, These cravings intensify with each stroke of your presence and
your thoughts. Hear me out, I may be rattling but
kindly shake my ABC. My belly boils in celestial seasonings,
Top-down to my neck hoards words I want you to know.
Our life is feathered jointly You and me, no backstage to banter,
Love is you and I perfumed up,
So My Radiant Morning Warmth
Scratch the surface of doubts and
Let us nurture our union just like
King Xerxes and Queen Esther.

Holofa: We Can't Be Besties


We Can't Be Besties (Feb 08)

If you utterly profess,
'a boiling water is without fire?'
Then defend your words and I will sieve realities
from your wordy flattery. I have had fractions of your indecisive hearts,
I have tasted your seductive comebacks,
Sometimes you prioritize, Sometimes you feel like-
This isn't a relationship I will celebrate.
We have been exquisite pals, Years of closeness risen to fondness,
In this wind, I detest the half-adoring
And if I will be seen as the dearest pal
Then there should be limits in digits. I don't want a tag, -That bestie- I don't want to be the victim of occasional likeness,
I don't want to be your stooge, I want to be your muse.

Love me or Like me,
One of these duos should firm our link.
We will be hanging out lovingly Then your 'WORLD' will intrude,
Leaving me to hold the flower jar alone-
Nope, I won't be the surrogate of your 'WORLD'.
I understand love can't be bought
neither will it be hired for a show, I understand love is selfless and honorable
So if we are friends, let's do pure. You shouldn't use us or use me Let's be friends if loving you is unqualified.
Divulge to me the sound I am in your heart,
Am I the 'F' or Am I the 'L'? Let me know my foot, Cos my heart won't be partitioned,
And for me to be Your BESTIE, I will simply be your FRIEND.


Connect With Kwabena Churchill

Instagram: @kwabena.churchill  |  Twitter: @EpistleSon


Editor’s Note: Hi, I’m Derricking Wilson, the author of this article. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only. You can quote portions of this article in your write up but don't forget to credit where credit is due by linking to us. If you have any questions or comments, please share them below. Visit MUZICGH frequently, for more exclusive content and updates. Thank you.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Thank you for engaging with my content. Your insights improve its quality. Please share your thoughts in the comments. If you find this article helpful, consider sharing it on social media. For any inaccuracies, alert us for correction.